The holiday season intensifies a loss…
With the holidays upon us, we often reflect on memories of loved ones lost. Emotions can run from really high to very low and everything in between. Wherever you are on your journey, know your loved ones are near as there is nowhere else they would rather be than with you.
While it is good to have distractions from the sadness, I encourage you to lean into your feelings of grief. Experiencing grief is the way out and only you can take the first steps to lessen your pain.
Even though you may feel alone and you are missing your loved one…
Just know that they are always near. There is nowhere else they would rather be.
Watch for signs they are near. It may be subtle, but your loved ones want to communicate with you.
Be ready to receive
If you are alone or feeling isolated, please reach out for help.
There are professionals who can assist and guide you such as BetterHelp.com
How to Get through the Holidays After A Loss
- Do be gentle with yourself and avoid uncomfortable situations (such as family drama)
- Do allow time for your feelings and express them your way
- Do pay extra attention to children who are grieving and be an example to them; Encourage them to draw, paint, etc to express feelings
- Do allow others to help. We all need help at certain times in our lives
- Do sleep in; rest your mind, body, and soul
- Do hydrate and nourish your body with healthy choices and lots of H2O
- Do get out and walk in nature, breathe deeply, expand your lungs
Don’t Do This:
- Don’t keep your feelings bottled up. Cry a river if you need to
- Don’t do more than you want; Again, avoid drama and uncomfortable situations
- Don’t do anything that does not serve your soul and your loss
- Don’t overindulge in food, beverages, or medications
- Don’t just ask if you can help a friend in grief as they will likely decline. Actually help them. Find ways; invite them to a painting class or just out for coffee or a drive
You deserve to live a full, happy, and healthy life.
Please share your comments below on what helps you get through the holidays.
We’ve all endured some challenging times this year so I’ve gathered a few books, events, and some of my favorite things below that will hopefully add brightness to your holiday season.
From all of us at the Painted Rain Ranch
We Don’t Die
A Skeptics Discovery of Life after Death
by Sandra Champlain
#1 Bestseller on Amazon – Order
You Are Your Best Friend
Learning to Hear and Trust Your Own Innate Guidance
by Jo Albertson
Order on Amazon
Memorial Art for Pets or People
Pendants, globes, rings, and beautiful artwork
Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator
Pet Portraits from $4.99 USD
In the Spotlight
A video series featuring a variety of practitioners who are ready to help you on your journey.
This week’s guest:
Sabina Animal Communicator
– Book a Session with Sabina
Find Sabina on my Directory and in the Pet Loss App under Partners too
Silent Night – A Free Virtual Event
Hosted by Kara Daniels – Animal Communicator
Creator and Owner of Deep Root Connections
event to beat the wintertime blues with nature immersion challenges, interviews, GIVEAWAYS, channeled messages and much more!
TIS THE SEASON TO GIVE & HELP ANIMALS!
Get your tax deductions now!
This year I launched my non-profit Painted Rain Ranch Animal Rescue & Final Refuge. It has been a challenging process, but we are actively providing a final refuge for over 20 companion animals.
We kindly ask you to consider donating as every penny goes to the animals.
Our residents live out their natural lives here…
All the residents on Painted Rain Ranch are here because a human let them down in some way. At no fault of their own they ended up sick, injured, abandoned, or homeless.
With your support, we can continue to provide a loving, final refuge for more deserving souls and give our residents the very best of everything.
More of my favorite animal charities…
Let’s put an end to this deadly disease once and for all.
Saving lives through rescue, education, and advocacy
Never miss an update~
Download the free app:
Pet Loss Hope & Healing
Get Access on the HOME page and click the VIP button
Karen Anderson is an award-winning Afterlife Expert and Pet Loss Specialist with over 24 years of experience helping clients struggling with pet loss. She is also the CEO and founder of Animal Communication Planet, an intuitive and spiritual growth center for psychic development. Karen offers coaching programs for Animal Communication for all levels.
Karen’s VIP Members enjoy many perks including discounts and special offers. She also offers a free private Facebook practice group open to all levels called Animal Communication Planet
. Karen and her husband operate a non-profit animal sanctuary Painted Rain Ranch
on a 30-acre farm in the Inland Pacific Northwest caring for elderly, special needs, and abandoned companion animals.
The app is FREE Download here or in the APP store on your device